Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasty and Cozy

Today was not a bad day. I worked in the morning, and thought quite a bit about how when I got home I wanted to be productive. I wanted to clean up the house, and cook some tasty things. But I knew there was quite a danger of my getting home, being exhausted and flopping down to watch tv all night (like I did yesterday.)

But no! I was determined for that not to happen!

What did I do instead?

I made tasty things! and then celebrated by watching a movie I'd had a sudden craving for. But after the movie finishes, I'll start into cleaning.


First, I made some bread. I've been seeing recipes on Pinterest for simple, easy to make bread, but most required a baking container with a lid, like a cast iron pan. I've got the pan, but no lid, so I hadn't made any yet. But then I found this recipe on Alexandra's Kitchen. It only needs an oven proof bowl!
Mine turned out a little lumpy, I think because I used a bowl that was too big.

The other tasty thing I made today was some caramel simple syrup. I've been wanting to make it for a while, and just a few days ago made a basic caramel sauce to start the process. I used this recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I don't think I cooked it quite long enough, so it was kind of grainy, but still pretty tasty.



To turn it into a simple syrup to put in coffee, I loosely followed A Beautiful Mess's recipe for Caramel Coffee Syrup.


And to top it all off, I am now cozied up on the couch with a tumbler of iced caramel coffee and watching Spirited Away.

la mer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome day!