With work ending, school starting, and vacation being taken, I've really not been up to enough art. Today I jumped right in when I got home from class. My first project was one I began a week ago but never got any further on.
My first step in this project was to talk a large *maybe 5x2 foot* canvas and to pour/dump/splater paint onto. My goal was for it to look like some bizarre spill. For this I used some old house paint because I really wanted to be able to dump as much as I wanted onto this canvas. So thats the part i got done a week ago, but it took a few days to dry being as the paint was pooled on so thick.
Today I brought it inside and began painting over the house paint. I began at the bottem of the canvas with red paint. My goal is to work my way up moving through red, orange, yellow and finaly ending in white. I am only painting the color onto the house paint area, so it will give an apperance of spilled ranibow of colors *almost*. The background I'm leaving the white of the canvas, but I might need to go back and touch up some edges. I'll post pictures when I'm a bit more compleat, and a bit less lazy.
Next project I started was a plushie, because I really hadn't done any in a couple months. I chose four fabrics. Light blue, a mossy green and a burgundy felt, and then a white fabric with a small flowers colored mossy green and burgundy. The front and back of the plushie will be the blue and flowerd fabric, while the inside of the ears and the nose will be the green and burgundy. Today all I go to was cutting out the body and got maybe 1/4 of the way around sewing the edges. If I've got time I hope to finnish the body tomorrow, and maybe begin the face. It is really a genaric plushie, though it does have cat ears. Tomorrow is my friend Gillian's birthday party and if I finish I may give it to her as a gift. But of course I'll take a picture first to put here.
My last artistic venture of the day included photography. I've always been intrigued by moving some sort of light in a dark background with a long exposure time so that you get a neon sort of drawing/shape/writing. I read a few HOW TOs online and thought I had it all figured out. However when I was testing it out, I could only manage a few squiggles. Mind you they were wonderful squiggles, but not really my goal. I was really just experimenting and didn't have my exposure all figured out yet, but later I'll figure it out. I did however get some good photos of a blurred lamp. If I feel so inclined later I'll put a few up.
So happy noting.