Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Smoooothies

Remember that post about eating healthy and drinking lots of water? Well I've been back and forth about it. I've been trying to eat better. Less dessert and crappy stuff like soda and poptarts. Somedays I'm super motivated, some days I'm lazy. It isn't a huge deal to me, just a cool idea.

One thing I have been pretty consistant about is drinking smoothies! I've been having a smoothie probably every other day. I'd have them every day, but I like taking them as my "second breakfast" as I walk to school, which isn't that practical for days I work. On said days, I usually take a fruit salad and yogurt instead.

Today I really wanted a smoothie, even though I worked, so I'm having one after work with my lunch!
Yum yum.
I don't have any offical recipe for smoothies. Its just whatever fruits/veggies/juice/yogurt I've got in my fridge.
Today's includes...

  • 1/4 cup bok choy
  • 1 cup mixed lettuce
  • 1/4 of a cucumber
  • 1/2 of an apple
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup hibiscus cooler
  • 2/3 cup frozen berries
  • 1 tbs chia seeds




It is a pretty tasty concoction. I usually only do one veggie, but I was short on fruits, and feeling uber healthy, so I added some extra. I usually put a banana in as well, we've got none. We go through them super fast here.

Btw. To make this a more lunch worthy thing, I also made a grilled cheese sammich. :)


What do you like to put in your smoothies?

~La Mer.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love a good smoothie. I've also been trying to drink more water-- why is that such a hard thing to do?? It feels weird to have to make a conscious effort to drink water, yet I do. Sigh. Smoothies, on the other hand, are yummilicious.