Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Carp.

So, other than being a random person who flits about doing random things, I'm also a carpenter. One could say that my primary future career of choice is being a carpenter. That is if you base my primary future career on my apparent major and what I spend the majority of my college time learning about. That basically means I really have no idea if I'll be a carpenter when I leave college, but it sure is an awesome skill set to have.

My summer has been broken down into four major chunks so far.
-Time spent at home with the puggies (and parents)
-Time spent at the country fair. Being a carpenter and a painter and all that joy.
-Time spent sitting on babies, getting money and all that joy.
-The newly started time spent working in the theater as more or less, a carpenter.

This last bit started on Tuesday. I have been doing some maintenance, organizing and all that good stuff. Today I spent four hours in the sun, plasma arc cutting a 20" chunk of steel framing into pick up bed sized chunks. Plasma arc cutting is fun. Pick up beds are fun. The rest wasn't. Did I mention it was leaking wasps? They made homes inside the framing and then got angry when I sprayed wasp killing foam at them, followed by burning their nests with plasma... arcs.

Anywho! This is what I wore to burn wasps. I tried to combine the kick ass carpenting clothes with the "Look, I'm a pretty girl with fluffy pink hair!" look. Plus, if you hadn't noticed, I've got pink laces with little stars on my Doc Martians (they're just out of this world.)

Cheers,
Le Mer

No comments: