Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh hello there. 

Today I'd like to talk about inspiration.

Last night I was needing to write a 6 page paper about my passions in life, and I was lacking inspiration. I knew what my passions were and what inspired me in life, but I was having a hard time streamlining it into one paper. I had begun, typed one page that was all over the place talking about beautiful sunlight, inventing things and all kinds of other giberish when my computer froze. I restarted, lost everything. But in the long term it was okay, because a much better paper cam out of it. I ended up recounting the discoveries of some of my passions in the last ten years of my life. The latter part of the paper was primarily about what I find that inspires my life today. So let me share a bit of it with you.
"It is small beauties like these that make me happiest. Seeing a beautiful flower as I walk home from a long day at work brings a smile to my face that cannot be replaced by any television show or complex painting. There is a power in the simplest things of the world.  The things ignored in daily life. Few stop to look at the glimmering rock that has been trapped in the sidewalk. Not everyone sees the benefit of collecting bottle caps in a jar on your counter. I will pick up, or stop to inspect all kinds of things when I go for a walk. I find it wonderfully inspiring to find little forgotten treasures in the dirt. Little beauties nobody else bothers to notice. "
I would include more, but the paper still needs editing and I am too impatient to post this first. 

is a little addition though.

I am currently sitting in my favorite coffee shop. It is located not one block from my house, in my favorite neighborhood. The coffee is the best I have tasted in the world, and priced accordingly so I unfortunately do not come here as often as I would like. Here I love the tiny spoons they serve with the coffee. I love slowly scooping the beautifully swirling foam from my latte and savoring the burnt marshmellow flavor of the espresso mixing with milk. I love the small vases of  flowers they have on every table. Every time I come here they are slightly different, sometimes nothing more than a few beautiful blades of grass. Today they are small clippings from Raspberry bushes. These people, I tell you, understand the small beauties. 
The last few days I have been wishing I had fresh flowers in my house. Yesterday as I walked home I spied some weeds along the side of the road with beautiful golden flowers growing off of it. A plant so often disregarded as a nuisance and I had found a beautiful flower. I picked a handful and carried them home. Of course upon arriving home I became distracted, dumped the flowers on the table and came back hours later to find them completely wilted. But the point is still there, they were beautiful. I had chosen them when few others would have. 


And to end this post, here is what I wore today. I am a fall faerie. That leaf crown will be on etsy soon, by the way. 



EDIT: The crown I am wearing in this outfit can now be purchased on Etsy

La Mer.

No comments: