Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

A bento beginning

Brown rice, black eyed pea and turnip curry, carrots, and wheat thins. The top layer had an apple, half an avocado and trail mix as well.
For a bit now I've been packing myself lovely organized bento style lunches to take to school. Between theater and classes I don't always have time to sit down and properly eat lunch, so I enjoy having little snacks I can grab through out the day. I also love the clean, clear organizational nature of bentos. I've been trying to take pictures of my particularly pretty, organized lunches, so I'll try to post them from now on. Here will follow a few lunches from past days.Brown rice, black eyed pea and turnip curry, carrots, and wheat thins. The top layer had an apple, half an avocado and trail mix as well.

Beans and rice, peanut butter pretzels, a banana, half an avocado and a date on the side.

I got fancy. :P Its basically deconstructed sushi. Tofu (teriyaki sauce on the side), carrot, cucumber, avocado, rice and little bits of nori.


No comments: