Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Days 23 and 24 - sheet metal and insulation

This weekend was my last big push before the bus goes up to oregon for a few weeks. I needed to get all the sheet metal closed up, the insulation in and the seat installed so it would be able to make the trip.

Saturday I worked on the sheet metal- found around with more bolts and rivets getting little bits I missed and closing seams I'd never dealt with. Everything came out pretty well except for these two weird corners at the front where stuff didn't meet up well. I made two custom corner covers to close up the bulk of it. There is still a bit of hole though that I'm just going to put a little temporary patch on for now. At the end of the day I did the first road test and drove the bus a few miles to Home Depot to get the insulation. I also stopped to fill up with diesal and discovered that my fuel wasn't siphoned after all. I think it was just the battery being dead that was stopping the bus from running before. (I bought a liking fuel cap anyways.) 

Sunday I had a bit of a delay because there were events going on at my work and I couldn't bring the bus into the loading dock to work on. I did some prep work while I waited and was later able to bring the bus in. I set up a table for cutting my foam outside the bus and cut out a bunch of sections of the insulation. The sides are now all insulated but I still need to go round and gaff tape the pieces in. Eventually the insulation will be covered with plywood but for now I'm just going to tape it in. 

I'm being lazy with pictures, but I wanteto get  the post out there. Next post will have lots of insulation pics! 

No comments: